The Four Step Building Process
background-color: #B22222; #B22222
padding: 10px; }
Note from Anna: I’ve put all of the copy that was written, but our original goal was to have something very simple, similar to this: https://41west.com/process This is definitely NOT simple, and the format is very inconsistent. Thoughts?
Through every phase of the construction or remodeling process, HomeSource Builders is here to make it smooth and without surprises! Many of our clients come to us with a dream, but they just don’t know where to start. Or, they've started the construction process and realized they were in over their heads. That’s where we come in. We are there for you for every step along the way. We have condesnsed what is a complex sequence down to 4 main steps that we like to call our 4D Process.
The DREAM step involves the initial consultation and early planning. We will spend quality time with you listening to your dreams and goals. Through this phase, you can expect:
- A consultation in the HomeSource office- You’ll share all your aspirations and dreams about your project with the HomeSource Dream Team, and we’ll discuss some practicality and broad-brush cost components so you can consider a realistic plan that embraces your imagination while respecting your budget.
- Meeting on site with Owner– We'll learn your preferences and point out practical matters, in order to arrive at a house design most suited to your needs and the natural topography of the land. Practical matters, such as possible septic drain field sites, driveway access, and even building staging areas that can become driveway turnarounds, will be discussed.
- Designer or architect hired- We'll identify the team that will develop your early plan schematics, all the way to finished construction drawings.
- Design meeting with Owner, HomeSource and designer or architect- We'll go over your ideas, their process, and ensure a good fit, prior to construction.
Unless you already have an architect or designer, during the DESIGN phase we will get down to brass tacks to start turning your dreams into a reality you’ll love living with. You will have the opportunity to work with one of our architect or design partners to develop and finalize your project plans. This includes:
- From your input, our architect or design partner produces rough schematics, with room adjacencies and traffic flow.
- Once settled-on, the architect or designer will produce and present a comprehensive set of floorplans and elevations for you to evaluate, comment on, and be refined to a final set of construction drawings.
- Detailed discussion about plans, finish specifications, timelines, special circumstances, etc.
Step 3: DETAILS
Details are important. And, HomeSource outshines its competitors. Our team will provide you with your proposal & price quotation, prepare the construction documents, and keep you updated throughout the entire construction process, as we welcome your feedback all along the way.During the detail phase, these are the steps occur:
- Builder completes develops and presents its proposal & quotation.
- Owner reviews and reconvenes with HomeSource to go over all questions, clarifications, and revisions.
- HomeSource submits final proposal & estimate to you
- Once fully agreed on, you sign approve the proposal and make the initial deposit to commence
- If necessary, the approved proposal is submitted to the lender
- If necessary, the construction loan closing takes place at attorney’s office
- The launch, or kick-off construction meeting with all key team members around the HomeSource conference table
Step 4: Deliver
From initial survey to handing you the keys to your new home, you’ll know what’s coming next, see progress photos, have many conversations by phone or email, and on-site, to be sure you’re in the loop and can offer feedback every step of the way.