HomeSource Builders was “green” before many others even thought seriously about it! Over the past 15 years we have instituted green building practices; doing our part to reduce our environmental impact on our beautiful Western North Carolina mountains and communities. Many clients are interested in “green building,” but don’t have a full grasp of what green construction is, the varying degrees of green building, or what’s involved regarding materials, processes, and budgets. Whether you’re interested in a cost-effective green building solution or a home that is net-zero certified, let’s talk about your options and build what’s right for you.
What is Green Building?
Green building refers to the building life-cycle process of a structure that is environmentally responsible and resource-efficient. The scope ranges from initial siting to building design, construction, day-to-day operation, maintenance, renovation and demolition. A green builder uses environmentally friendly construction practices and materials to ensure low environmental impact at every stage.
Our Basic Green Category Includes:
- Air barrier & additional sealing
- Advanced framing techniques
- Increased framed-wall and attic insulation
- Low-E windows
- ENERGY STAR® Appliances
- Water-saving fixtures
Our Maximum GREEN Category Includes:
Everything in the basic and moderate categories PLUS:
- Dual flush, high-efficiency toilets
- Reclaimed or harvested water
- Solar, photovoltaic panels for generating electricity
- FSC-harvested building materials
- Net-zero certified
Our Moderate GREEN Category Includes:
Everything in the basic category PLUS:
- High-efficiency air filters
- Low or no VOC paints and carpets
- Low or formaldehyde-free interiors
- Jumper ducts in bedrooms
- Net-zero-ready certified