HomeSource Builders was “green” before many others even thought seriously about it! Over the past 15 years, we have instituted green building practices, doing our part to reduce our environmental impact on our beautiful Western North Carolina mountains and communities. Many clients are interested in “green building,” but don’t have a full grasp of what green construction is, the varying degrees of green building, or what’s involved regarding materials, processes, and budgets. Whether you’re interested in a cost-effective green building solution or a home that is net-zero certified, let’s talk about your options, and build what’s right for you.
What is Green Building?
Green building refers to the building life-cycle process of a structure that is environmentally responsible and resource-efficient. The scope ranges from initial siting to building design, construction, day-to-day operation, maintenance, renovation and demolition. A green builder uses environmentally friendly construction practices and materials to ensure low environmental impact at every stage.
Our Basic Green Category Includes:
- Air barrier & additional sealing
- Advanced framing techniques
- Increased framed-wall and attic insulation
- Low-E windows
- ENERGY STAR® Appliances
- Water-saving fixtures
Our Maximum GREEN Category Includes:
Everything in the basic and moderate categories PLUS:
- Dual flush, high-efficiency toilets
- Reclaimed or harvested water
- Solar, photovoltaic panels for generating electricity
- FSC-harvested building materials
- Net-zero certified
Our Moderate GREEN Category Includes:
Everything in the basic category PLUS:
- High-efficiency air filters
- Low or no VOC paints and carpets
- Low or formaldehyde-free interiors
- Jumper ducts in bedrooms
- Net-zero-ready certified